Introducing Golden Bear Bucks!
As we phase out the Y-Bucks, we are using Golden Bear Bucks and the school store is opening in which you can use Golden Bear Bucks to purchase school gear: sweatshirts, t-shirts, headbands, and more! When you are seen doing things the "Golden Bears Way", you are demonstrating good work ethics, self-discipline, and positive behavior with these "golden" characteristics!
Other ways to earn Golden Bear Bucks:
- Good grades: $4 = A, $3 = B, $2 = C, $1 = D
- Attendance: $1 for each day present
- Participation in extracurricular activities such as sports and clubs: $50 per season
- Teachers awarding Bear Bucks based on Behavior, Academic Excellence, & Respect
- Participating in community service through the school: $5 per service
- Attending sports events: $5 per game
- Wearing blue and gold on Fridays: $5 per Friday
- Participating in pep rallies: $10 winning teams also earn additional Bear Bucks
- Random acts of kindness caught by staff members
Scholars will deposit Bear Bucks at lunch time to the Bear Bank on Fridays to receive tickets for each buck deposited. Tickets that are deposited are eligible to win apparel and gift cards.
At the end of the school year, Scholars will receive an East Visa card with the balance of how many Bear Bucks they earned this year and can use those Bear Bucks to participate in activities, auctions, and food at Bear Day!
East High School Golden Bear Bank - YouTube